- Family Law 100%
Michael Kleiman is a founding member of the King of Prussia law firm of Bleczinski, Kleiman & Klein, LLC, where his practice focuses on all aspects of family law, including divorce, custody, support, equitable distribution. pre-nuptial agreements, protection from abuse, and adoption.
He graduated with honors in Government from Franklin & Marshall College and from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law where he was an editor of the Law Review. Upon graduation, Mr. Kleiman was presented the Statewide Award of Excellence in Family Law by the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Mr. Kleiman served as a law clerk for the Honorable Anita B. Brody in the Montgomery County Court of Common Pleas. Mr. Kleiman has also co-authored numerous articles relating to family law issues which have appeared in the Legal Intelligencer, the Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, the Family Advocate, and the Family Law Quarterly. Mr. Kleiman also lectures on various family law topics.
Mr. Kleiman is trained on collaborative law and is a member of Collaborative Law Professionals of Southeastern Pennsylvania. He was honored as a "Distinguished Advocate" by the Support Center for Child Advocates in 1998. Mr. Kleiman served as Chair of the Montgomery Bar Association Family Law section in 2010 and was a director for the Montgomery County Bar Association from 2010-2013.
Active in his community, Mr. Kleiman us currently board Vice President for The Friends of Briar Bush Nature Center and a trail steward for the Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association. He is also active in youth sports, serving as a coach and in other capacities.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Government
- Pennsylvania, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 1993
- Distinguished Advocate, Support Center for Child Advocates
- Statewide Award of Excellence, Pennsylvania Chapter of American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Top Lawyers: Divorce, Main Line Magazine, 2017 and 2019
- Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Montgomery County Bar Association, 2000
- Support Center for Child Advocates, 1991 to 2000
- Mentor, Philadelphia Futures Sponsor-a-Scholar, 1998 to 2003
- Coach and Commissioner, Upper Dublin Junior Athletic Association, Present
- Board Vice President, Friends of Briar Bush Nature Center, Present
- Court Appointed Special Master in Divorce, Montgomery County, PA , Present
- Trail Steward, Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association , Present
- Multiple Publications (Co-Author), Legal Intelligencer, Pennsylvania Family Lawyer, Family Advocate, Family Law Quarterly
- Multiple Publications (Co-Author), Pennsylvania Ethics Handbook, Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- Chi Phi
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-Chair, Practicum Committee, 2003
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Co-Chair, Support Committee, 2004
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Chair, Pro Bono/Legal Aid Committee, 2004 to 2006
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Treasurer, 2007
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Secretary, 2008
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Vice Chair, 2009
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Co-Chair, Custody Committee, 1999 to 2000
- Montgomery County Bar Association, Family Law Section, Chair, 2010
- Member, Collaborative Family Law Affiliates